unFocus.History Keeper 2.0 Beta 2 is now available for download.
Feel free to download, test and use the new beta. Here’s what’s new and fixed:
- History.js – There was an odd error, from a mixed up function, keeping History Keeper from working at all in the last release. It was the first issue reported by someone other than myself (thanks t’s been fixed.
- FlashPlayerInfo.js – was throwing an error if there was no flash player installed at all in IE. It’s fixed.
- FlashPlayerInfo.js – added more robust Flash Player 6 detection. It is impossible to check for some minor revision versions in Flash Player 6, because they crash IE if you do. It’s now possible, though, to check for 6.0r65, which is the first version to support Express Install.
- FlashPlayerInfo.js – deprecated “.getPluginType()”, and replaced it with “.getPlayerType()” and made it actually work. To practice discipline, I left “.getPluginType()” since it’s improper to change the API after a beta release (it didn’t work before, so I’m sure no one is using it).
- FlashPlayerInfo.js – Fixed beta and MinorRevision errors in ActiveX path.
- SwfHTML.js – was producing a security warning in IE if used over https. It’s fixed.
- Added a bunch of test files for each object, to help make sure stuff doesn’t break (that’s annoying), and more thoroughly test the various methods and features. It is almost, sorta like unit testing, if you kinda look at it sideways, in a mirror. 🙂
- Added Object Patent Magic to the package.
- Added some example pages – but these are really just there to test to the packed files, at the moment. HistoryKeeper.html is a good place to start if you want to learn how to use History Keeper. I’ll update soon with some Flash examples.
Check out the updated project page for more info, or just skip straight to the download. 🙂
4 thoughts on “unFocus.History Keeper 2.0 (and SwfHTML) Beta 2 – Out Now!”
when we hit Back btn, im my flash it look like to make a gotoAndStop to a label, how can i make it to do a GotoAndPlay ?
I’d need more info from you to answer that question.
There is an old tutorial here:
It’s very out of date, but it might help you at least understand what is needed to make this work.
I have on my list of things to do, to get an example for implementors to follow. As soon as I have that I’ll post it. That should hopefully make things easier.
Hi, did you ever get around to doing those flash examples?
Hi mrTool. I’m afraid that I didn’t get to that yet. It is on my list of things to do, but I can’t promise anything in the very near future.